ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations from a UK fan!

Congrats Boilers from a rival Hawkeye fan! Way to represent the B1G! I was there in 1980.

Great trivia question. Who was the last team to win the consolation game at a Final Four?

Now go win it all!
I watched that game. 2 great teams. Only way it could have been better is if it had been in the finals.

Reactions: BonzoFury
I watched that game. 2 great teams. Only way it could have been better is if it had been in the finals.
If Ronnie Lester hadn't gone down...we'd of won it all. 😁 Purdue had Joe Barry Carrol, UCLA had Kiki Vandeweghe and Louisville had Daryl "Dr Dunkenstein" Griffith. Iowa's Bobby Hansen who had to match up with Griffith said "I've guarded guys who could jump before...but they all came down".

If Ronnie Lester hadn't gone down...we'd of won it all. 😁 Purdue had Joe Barry Carrol, UCLA had Kiki Vandeweghe and Louisville had Daryl "Dr Dunkenstein" Griffith. Iowa's Bobby Hansen who had to match up with Griffith said "I've guarded guys who could jump before...but they all came down".
:) Lester was an amazing player. When I read your first text I thought about how his blown knee affected Iowa's chances, and then I immediately thought about when we lost Robbie Hummel.

Congrats Boilers from a rival Hawkeye fan! Way to represent the B1G! I was there in 1980.

Great trivia question. Who was the last team to win the consolation game at a Final Four?

Now go win it all!
Congrats, guys. Happy for my many PU fan/grad friends. But the answer is UVA beat LSU in ‘81 in the last consolation game.

Last edited:
:) Lester was an amazing player. When I read your first text I thought about how his blown knee affected Iowa's chances, and then I immediately thought about when we lost Robbie Hummel.
I thought we had a chance one year, but then Haas went down.

I’ll always be an IU fan but this Purdue team is so likable and fun to watch. Edey is as humble and likable as he is good. Loyer and Smith are a pain in the ass but guys you want on your team. You sure as hell don’t wanna play against them.

I sincerely hope you guys win it all. I’ll be rooting for you.

Good luck.

Congrats, guys. Happy for my many PU fan/grads friends. But the answer is UVA beat LSU in ‘81 in the last consolation game.
WHAT?! You're right. I always that that PU/Iowa in 1980 was the last one.

BTW, seeing the way the Boilers rallied around Painter is cool.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
I’ll always be an IU fan but this Purdue team is so likable and fun to watch. Edey is as humble and likable as he is good. Loyer and Smith are a pain in the ass but guys you want on your team. You sure as hell don’t wanna play against them.

I sincerely hope you guys win it all. I’ll be rooting for you.

Good luck.
as a fellow 78 er, thank you kindly

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
When are you guys going to get rid of Fran? You could certainly do better.
Most of us agree. Our previous AD was a douche of major proportions...loved to give out lifetime contracts. The new AD will be hiring a basketball and football coach in the next few years. Going to be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT