ADVERTISEMENT

Check DB Off Our Recruiting List

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
With three commits and hopefully coming signing day, 2 or all 3 sign, Purdue can move on and address the remaining needs with the anticipated small class for the 2016-17 team! DL, LB, WR's and TE's should be the next focus plus one or two OL and RB's, IMO!

I always admired the "U" back in the day of their power teams! Mainly recruited only LB's and CB's and let some grow into DL and Safeties that were very quick. Sure they took the 5 Star D lineman that were available to them but really used this recruiting philosophy on the D side to the max!

With three commits and hopefully coming signing day, 2 or all 3 sign, Purdue can move on and address the remaining needs with the anticipated small class for the 2016-17 team! DL, LB, WR's and TE's should be the next focus plus one or two OL and RB's, IMO!
Domino effect and I'm not talking pizzas. If the recruits are interested in us, they have to know we have limited spots available so they might want to jump on board. These three look like good gets.

Boilers added an OL commit yesterday that does some long snapping too, I believe! Probably only one or at the most two OL spots open....saving scholies for DL's, WR's, LB's and TE's and a RB or two unless an unexpected 4 or 5 star recruit falls in love with Purdue!

Why isn't OC listed as a position of great need???

Why isn't OC listed as a position of great need???
Hazell is standing behind him sink or swim and they both will succeed or be shown the door after the 2015 season, imo! I know most of the fans won't stand behind them if we have another season similar to the past two!

Hazell is standing behind him sink or swim and they both will succeed or be shown the door after the 2015 season, imo! I know most of the fans won't stand behind them if we have another season similar to the past two!
I agree with your assessment. Just can't understand the pass he's been given. Talking about 4 highly regarded QBs when they arrived here and he's supposedly this mad genius offensive mind and the 2 with playing time behind them look worse than when they arrived. I've seen a lot of Sindelar that past 2 years and if Shoop is allowed to screw that kid up he should be drug behind the Boilermaker Special until past the county line.

I agree with your assessment. Just can't understand the pass he's been given. Talking about 4 highly regarded QBs when they arrived here and he's supposedly this mad genius offensive mind and the 2 with playing time behind them look worse than when they arrived. I've seen a lot of Sindelar that past 2 years and if Shoop is allowed to screw that kid up he should be drug behind the Boilermaker Special until past the county line.

Look at the stands....no free pass has been given.

Only Burke and Shoop have given him a pass. It will be clear after this year. If Hazell sticks with him...he has no interest in being our coach into the future!

Hopefully, Shuman will keep this verbal, but this comment made a couple of days ago on Scout tells me that we might have to go down to signing day to make sure.

"With National Signing Day still nearly eight months down the road, Shuman is staying open-minded and not scratching any colleges off his list. In addition to the Boilermakers, Shuman has offers on the table from the likes of Virginia, Syracuse, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Cincinnati and New Mexico.

"Even though I'm committed to Purdue, I'm still going to be looking at other places," Shuman said. "Purdue is No. 1 for right now, but I still have interest in other schools because it doesn't mean they're out of the picture.""

Boilers added an OL commit yesterday that does some long snapping too, I believe! Probably only one or at the most two OL spots open....saving scholies for DL's, WR's, LB's and TE's and a RB or two unless an unexpected 4 or 5 star recruit falls in love with Purdue!

You mean we're not set at RB for the next 15-20 years? LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT