ADVERTISEMENT

Carsen Edwards

yes played well this spring.....

I think he is a big SMU lean.......

But hope he gives us a look......

I would like Simpson first IMO......

but both true PG's....would be glad to have either at Purdue.

Boiler Up!

yes played well this spring.....

I think he is a big SMU lean.......

But hope he gives us a look......

I would like Simpson first IMO......

but both true PG's....would be glad to have either at Purdue.

Boiler Up!
I've read Edwards is more a Vanderbilt lean. I like Simpson's game and would not be disappointed at all if we got him. But Edwards is the PG I hope we can get. Good defender. And has been called one of the better shooters in this class. Imagine us having a PG that teams will actually worry about in 3 point range. Can't clog the middle if your PG and SGs can knock down shots from deep.

we have a PG that can shoot in PJ...he just needs to work on his defense which I am sure he will......

PJ was a good scorer in HS.....he will be the starter someday...just not sure it is this year with Hill here....

I think he proves out and is eventually.

Boiler Up!

Reactions: Misfit1
we have a PG that can shoot in PJ...he just needs to work on his defense which I am sure he will......

PJ was a good scorer in HS.....he will be the starter someday...just not sure it is this year with Hill here....

I think he proves out and is eventually.

Boiler Up!
I don't think teams would fear PJ as much as Carsen.
YTjuLc1h.jpg

I would love a pg who can both shoot and defend....thus I see why Painter offered. Let's hope he stays after him until the end.

Reactions: Travisty13
Uh, what PJ needs to work on is growing about 6" and I don't mean like we all did around the tummy. Kid would be great in an under 6' league but this is the big time.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Uh, what PJ needs to work on is growing about 6" and I don't mean like we all did around the tummy. Kid would be great in an under 6' league but this is the big time.

Nah, his height isn't the real problem.

if he can find his shot and hit 35% from 3, PJ would be a valuable starter

Nah, his height isn't the real problem.

if he can find his shot and hit 35% from 3, PJ would be a valuable starter
Agree. I see nothing wrong with his height. DeAndre Mathieu from Minn is shorter and 20 lbs lighter, yet averaged 8.6 points, 2.7 rebounds, and 4.3 assists last year. PJ's shooting is what needs to improve. That's why a kid like Carsen would be great for Purdue. He's starting to blow up too. He's rivals #6 player in TX at 3* ahead of 2 4* guys. He's about to get another star in my opinion (for those infatuated with stars). Lead his team to a 36-2 record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT