PU52Chevy

All-American
Jul 18, 2006
1) Michigan
2) Iowa
3) IU
4) Minnesota

That's who I picked.............

Michigan is playing well and O$U not looking good right now.....

Should be a fun day of hoops!

That leaves me for Friday with these matchups:
Michigan vs Wisky
Iowa vs Purdue
IU vs Maryland
Minny vs MSU

Boiler Up!

The Illini beat Michigan
PSU wins against Iowa
Northwestern beats IU
OSU beats Minny

I want to see the Pig Sty blow up when IU loses to Northwestern again.

I think Iowa gets in win or lose, but I want to see them with as bad a seed as they can have.

Michigan is just that bad this year, but next will be back to their winning ways.

I just don't think Lil' Slick is good enough to beat OSU

So are your predictions what you want to see happen, Twin, or what you think will happen?

I'll go with:
Illinois over Michigan - perhaps in a 3rd overtime game. An Illinois loss would help Purdue marginally in that it would all but eliminate a bubble team be below us in the pecking order.

Iowa over Penn State: Both teams are better than their record indicates, but Iowa has found another gear in recent weeks. They're really good when Aaron White is at full strength.

Indiana over Northwestern: Northwestern has been trending up; Indiana is definitely trending down. Still, I can't see the Hoosiers losing this one with their backs against the wall.

OSU over Minnesota: Wisky embarrassed the Bucknuts on their home court to close the regular season. Me thinks the Golden Rodents will pay the price.

This post was edited on 3/12 9:54 AM by rgarlitz

Originally posted by rgarlitz:
So are your predictions what you want to see happen, Twin, or what you think will happen?

I'll go with:
Illinois over Michigan - perhaps in a 3rd overtime game. An Illinois loss would help Purdue marginally in that it would all but eliminate a bubble team be below us in the pecking order.

Iowa over Penn State: Both teams are better than their record indicates, but Iowa has found another gear in recent weeks. They're really good when Aaron White is at full strength.

Indiana over Northwestern: Northwestern has been trending up; Indiana is definitely trending down. Still, I can't see the Hoosiers losing this one with their backs against the wall.

OSU over Minnesota: Wisky embarrassed the Bucknuts on their home court to close the regular season. Me thinks the Golden Rodents will pay the price.

Meat-chicken wins over Illinois . They are just that better of a team this year. Rice scores in bunches, when he decides to play.
(TIC: Quick edit after halftime of the UM/UI game)

Iowa takes out PSU, but I will be rooting for the lions. They have been screwed over so many times this year, it is time Karma takes them over the bird-eyes. Won't happen. Agree, sadly.

Northwestern takes out a confused and lost IU team. Maybe Yogi and JBJ are already mentally at their next stop after IU. Crean subs and screams, but can't change the relentless wildcat tide. Crean and his fans continue the "do I stay or do I go" dance. This is my upset.

OSU over Minny. Minny lives or dies with guard play, and OSU is a good matchup, but brings their front line too. Little slick studies the wisconsin game for clues, but can't find Kaminski or Decker on his bench. It is not the NCAA Tournament, so Matta is stil "Flame On".

cool.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/12 10:11 AM by mathboy

This post was edited on 3/12 2:21 PM by mathboy

Originally posted by rgarlitz:

I'll go with:

Nope, it's what I think happens.

Illinois is playing for their life...Michigan has to win the whole thing to get in and they're not good enough to do that.

PSU has been close all year and have lost a ton of close games. They're one player away from being a very good team and Chambers is a pretty good coach. Not to mention Newbill was slighted by not being first team. And Iowa is due for a let down. That said, this may be the one that surprises.

I think the IU players are done. They're tired, they pretty much hate each other at this point and rumor is Yogi is ready to make money. And, Northwestern has a pretty good front line. I think it will start out a good game but by the end, IU quits. Some would say it's an upset for NW to beat IU twice, but they match up really well and they play one heck of zone which Crean can't seem to figure out. Syracuse all over again for the IU faithful, and hopefully the end of the Crean era.

OSU is just too good and as you said, too PO'd for Minny to compete with. The question is will Slick Jr. be back in the barn next year or will he take another vacancy.

Originally posted by SqueakyClean:
The "Illinois wins" prognostications are not looking good right now.
I should have known better. Beilein is a much, much better coach than Groce. Credit to the OP for being the only one to take the Wolverines.

Originally posted by Purdue 95:
Lots of blow-outs today, IMO.

Illinois over UM 70 - 55Iowa over PSU 66 - 50IU over NU 82 - 68OSU over Minnesota 71 - 66 in the only close game of the day.
Mmmm....yeah....about that Illinois over Michigan blowout...

Seriously, what a complete no-show performance by the Illini. It looks strikingly similar to some of the turds we've laid in the BTT over the years. NIT for them.

Crazy, Penn State has come back and Newbill hasn't scored a point in the 2nd half and only has 7 points.

Think it says more about the lack of Iowa's offense than anything.

Let me guess you had IU in the third game?

and for you TBD in the Minny vs O$U game

Ha Ha you kill me....funny shit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT