ADVERTISEMENT

Bryson Scott Transfering

I liked his defense. I thought he would become the player we wanted to have in the game. Not seeing him in the NCAAs or the BTT pretty much showed that the writing was on the wall.

Too bad. I think he had the potential to be very good for us. Hopefully Painter can strike gold again with another 5th year transfer.

Re: It's been rumored on another site...........

for quite some time! The rumor was that Bryson told someone at the co-rec gym that he was going to ISU to play with his brother!
I wish him the best of luck!

The upside of this is that we have clarity. Painter can pursue another graduate transfer now with certainty that Purdue has a scholarship to offer and a great opportunity to fill.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

wish the kid Good Luck, got to be frustrated after ranked a 4 star out of H.S. The year off he should work on his outside shot at least. Should check to see if a team like Marquette or even a MAC like Cent. Mich. would want him.

Originally posted by ustankass:
It sucks but is not surprising. Good luck to him. Queue all the painter haters....
And the "Oh well, addition by subtraction" or "No real loss, because (insert recruit) will be better".

I, for one, will seriously miss this kid. I hate how it turned out and that somehow couldn't be resolved. Sucks.

This post was edited on 3/30 5:35 PM by boiler-deuce

Originally posted by BBG:
Not sure this shocks anyone. Too bad, I wish him the best of luck.
It's not a shock to anyone who's followed his PT this year or his body language at the tail end of the season after each DNP.

I have to give credit to the posters who shared their realistic observations in a non-slanderous manner.

It's too bad for our team. I really think Bryson is a talent that could have really helped us.

Best of luck Bryson!! Wishing you nothing but the best at your next school.

Let me add my best wishes to Bryson going forward. I really wanted him to succeed here at Purdue, but sometimes things just do not go the way we want them to. Looking forward to continuing to watch Bryson's career where ever he lands. Good luck young man.

Best of luck to Bryson! It is a shame that it didn't work out, I always loved it when he came into a game. Wasn't he Big Ten freshman of the week at least one time, and maybe two or three times?

Hopefully he goes on to have a successful and good life. I will always remember that game at Mackey against I.U., and how he was outstanding. I know you are very strong in your faith Bryson, and I hope you have a good Holy Week.

Good luck, Bryson Scott, wherever you end up.

The disappointment for me was that it really did seem like the dimmer switch was on the way up. It won't surprise me to see Bryson do very well, and with better discipline, on his next team.

Good luck Bryson Scott. Things in life don't always work out for no real good, apparent reasons. Hope the future is good for you.

You guys do know matt painter was a pg in college. He was a scorer at the high school level.

This thread took no time to become worthless.

This is the least surprising news out there.

Good luck to him and let's move on.

Originally posted by boiler-deuce:

It sucks but is not surprising. Good luck to him. Queue all the painter haters....
And the "Oh well, addition by subtraction" or "No real loss, because (insert recruit) will be better".

I, for one, will seriously miss this kid. I hate how it turned out and that somehow couldn't be resolved. Sucks.

I felt he was one of those players who could be MVP by his senior year. He has all the physical tools.

I hope he uses them well at his next destination.

Originally posted by purdue4sure:

Originally posted by boiler-deuce:

I felt he was one of those players who could be MVP by his senior year. He has all the physical tools.

I hope he uses them well at his next destination.
Yes, he could have been. But Painter ran him off. Thanks CMP!!!!

Bummer.

I can't say I blame him. I wonder what really went on between him and Painter. He really was underutilized this season. Good luck to him. I hope he finds success, as I hope the Boilers find it, too.

Re: Bummer.

Originally posted by indyogb:
I can't say I blame him. I wonder what really went on between him and Painter. He really was underutilized this season. Good luck to him. I hope he finds success, as I hope the Boilers find it, too.

Agreed. Wish him nothing but the best. I hope the Boilers find it as well but it won't be until someone else is in charge.

C3PO...I'm not sure your message is getting across...can you repost the same comment for the 86th time using a few different words? I'm happy to translate for everyone else. The value add is tremendous...

For those of you who didn't every other post C3PO RH9U makes...he hasn't changed his mind on Coach MP yet...

Originally posted by Boiledin90:
C3PO...I'm not sure your message is getting across...can you repost the same comment for the 86th time using a few different words? I'm happy to translate for everyone else. The value add is tremendous...

For those of you who didn't every other post C3PO RH9U makes...he hasn't changed his mind on Coach MP yet...
I expect that until his mommy gives him a timeout, the tantrum will continue.

Good luck Bryson - I have a feeling he's gonna turn out to be pretty good down the line. Not sure what happened but he could never get totally out of the doghouse. I just started coming back on here - whats up w R2d2? I mean even I can tell he just keeps saying I hate painter in every comment. I'm also guessing when we do really well next year he will suddenly be MIA. Sure we have a point guard question and that's a huge deal but if Hammons comes back, and I think he will, and if we get a serviceable pg transfer to help PJ, we are gonna be damn good and should be in the hunt for the Big Ten Title. Sorry, off topic.

Best of luck to Bryson, I really hope he lands in a good place for him. If you think this was a rough decision for him read what was in the star

"I just felt like there was't any point for me to stay," Scott said. "I felt like I wasn't going to get an opportunity there.
"I felt like it was the best choice for me and best for the team. I didn't want to bring that negative energy to a team on the way to doing better things."

I don't think these are words from someone who really wanted to leave, seems like he felt there wasn't any other option. Recruiting and players are kind of like a marriage. Don't marry someone expecting they will change. Bad idea. Usually ends up in divorce. Same way with a player. Dont recruit someone you need to change to fit your style. 2 strikes, third may cost him his job. It's probably a good thing Walker decommitted for Painters sake.

This post was edited on 3/31 9:41 AM by alwaysaboiler

This is an f-ing disaster. Last year we were a freak UCLA screw up away from another tough year and HERE WE ARE AGAIN.

Originally posted by alwaysaboiler:
Best of luck to Bryson, I really hope he lands in a good place for him. If you think this was a rough decision for him read what was in the star

"I just felt like there was't any point for me to stay," Scott said. "I felt like I wasn't going to get an opportunity there.
"I felt like it was the best choice for me and best for the team. I didn't want to bring that negative energy to a team on the way to doing better things."

I don't think these are words from someone who really wanted to leave, seems like he felt there wasn't any other option. Recruiting and players are kind of like a marriage. Don't marry someone expecting they will change. Bad idea. Usually ends up in divorce. Same way with a player. Dont recruit someone you need to change to fit your style. 2 strikes, third may cost him his job. It's probably a good thing Walker decommitted for Painters sake.

coach refused to play him. What else is he gonna do? top 100 talent doesn't waste away on the bench happily for 2 years unless they are getting paid at UK or O$U.

Originally posted by TopSecretBoiler:

Originally posted by alwaysaboiler:

coach refused to play him. What else is he gonna do? top 100 talent doesn't waste away on the bench happily for 2 years unless they are getting paid at UK or O$U.
Doesn't matter if you're a Top 10 talent if you act like you've got a 50 cent head. He likely would have been the starter next year IF he'd complied with the program. Obviously he either wouldn't or couldn't. I wish him well. Seems like a good kid with world of untamed talent.

ADVERTISEMENT