ADVERTISEMENT

Blistering report from SB Trib concerning sex crimes obstruction at UND

"Just Win Baby" must have replaced "Just Win One for the Gipper". If true, a very sad state of affairs in South Bend!

I'm no fan of ND.

Originally posted by Optimist13:
based on a retired ND Security cop who couldn't get the cases prosecuted..

The University takes the usual Sgt. Schultz approach

This post was edited on 4/17 9:03 PM by Optimist13
In fact, too many of the grads I've met are condescending and smug. And the reversible jacket types cause me to dislike the school even more.

It goes without saying, ALL sexual crimes should be investigated and prosecuted appropriately. Furthermore, anyone caught falsifying sexual assault charges should be prosecuted to the same degree.

With all that said, I think people have learned (from high-profile hoaxes like the UVA and Duke Lacrosse hoaxes) that where's there's smoke there's not always fire.

If this guy has a legit story to be told he should be heard. If it's a fake he should be prosecuted. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Off campus cases

in the early 2000s, 4 football players were prosecuted.

IFRC one was found guilty of a lesser offense after a trial. One was found not guilty after
a trial, one pleaded guilty to a lesser offense. Charges were dropped against the 4th player as I
think the victim decided that she had suffered enough personal humiliation in the other 2 cases
that had gone to trial The woman had sexual relations with 4 players within less than
24 hours and she was treated as if she was a slut by the jury on the not guilty finding case.

The link that I found is posted

Whatever happened it occurred off campus so UND security wasn't handling any investigations

This post was edited on 4/19 5:35 PM by Optimist13

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/stories/2002-05-24-notre-dame-charge.htm

ADVERTISEMENT