ADVERTISEMENT

Biggie finally speaks

boilerzz

All-American
Jul 5, 2002
West Chester, OH
www.marchfirstbrewing.com
Unfortunately he spoke to Kravitz, that at least we get some more details.

“I just felt like I was ready to make a decision (back in April, when he verbally committed to Michigan State),'' he told WTHR during a visit to Marian University Monday, where he took pictures and signed posters for the Indiana All Stars. He won't be playing for them despite his selection; he will be leaving Wednesday for Colorado Springs, where, along with teammate Vince Edwards, he will try out for the U-19 U.S. National Team. "I think maybe I was just tired of being recruited. So I guess you could say I rushed into it.''

"I felt like for basketball, it would be a better fit because of who they have coming back, with A.J. (Hammons) coming back and all those other guys returning,'' Swanigan said. "I wanted to stay home and I want to help bring Purdue to heights where they haven't been before, kind of like Homestead (High School).''

http://www.wthr.com/story/29275193/kravitz-five-star-recruit-swanigan-makes-purdue-a-national-power

This is what I imagine Painter did when Biggie switched to us from MSU
giphy.gif

Besides the digs at Purdue he mentions iu 5 times in the article and then even posts several comments and mentions how iu will be good too. I guess it's not allowed for PU to be good and not IU. Even though we return more players, have a better recruiting class, beat them twice last year and finished 3rd vs 7th in the B1G, we just might have the ingredients to be almost as good as iu next year.

"I wanted to stay home and I want to help bring Purdue to heights where they haven't been before, kind of like Homestead (High School).''

I often wondered why more players don't feel this way. If you win at Kentucky or Duke or Kansas or some place like that, you're just another in a long line of guys who've done it. If you win it all at Purdue or Vanderbilt or Oregon State (or pick any "also-ran"), you will be a legend. I guess it's a risk, but the NBA picks players from all over, so that part isn't really that risky.

"I wanted to stay home and I want to help bring Purdue to heights where they haven't been before, kind of like Homestead (High School).''

I often wondered why more players don't feel this way. If you win at Kentucky or Duke or Kansas or some place like that, you're just another in a long line of guys who've done it. If you win it all at Purdue or Vanderbilt or Oregon State (or pick any "also-ran"), you will be a legend. I guess it's a risk, but the NBA picks players from all over, so that part isn't really that risky.
Purdue > Vandy > Oregon State in MBB

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
Purdue > Vandy > Oregon State in MBB
Agree.... Purdue gets underrated so much simply because of our lack of tourney success. Strictly talking conference play there isn't even a debate that Purdue is historically the strongest program in the big ten. Most big ten titles and only a losing record to OSU by a couple games. Vanderpoop and Oregon State aren't even comparable basketball programs.

Besides the digs at Purdue he mentions iu 5 times in the article and then even posts several comments and mentions how iu will be good too. I guess it's not allowed for PU to be good and not IU. Even though we return more players, have a better recruiting class, beat them twice last year and finished 3rd vs 7th in the B1G, we just might have the ingredients to be almost as good as iu next year.

Why is IU even mentioned in the article? He is interviewing Purdue's recruit. A kid IU didn't even bother to recruit. Why does IU get into the conversation from the supposed "journalist" in the first place? There is nothing in the subject being interviewed that remotely touched IU.

All I can figure is that Kravitz just likes the taste of Crean's sh-t, because he kisses his arse so much. Can you imagine the guy's keyboard? Keys all brown and sticky. Ugh!

:cool:

Or more likely, BETTER than little sister-u

This was along the lines of my first thought. Krabitz suffers from LSS, Little Sister Syndrome. Can't say something nice about big brother without saying, "But, but, but, iu will be pretty good, too!"

Actually I don't care if Caleb rarely says much to the media if we make it to a final 4. That would speak almanacs. Of course they would give him some sort of pissy label.

I have a feeling Biggie always wanted to go to Purdue but it wasn't the right place for him through Roosevelt's eyes until AJ announced he was returning. Also if you are wondering why Caleb never speaks to the media he is a very quiet person.

Kravitz came back with a comment to Boiler fans that " see, I write about Purdue when there is something to write about". Well, there will be plenty to about when the Boilers kick the Hoosiers' butts twice during the season. Trying to match up with us with a true Frosh center and a 5th yr transfer is a joke waiting for a laugh. Boiler Up!!!

Kravitz came back with a comment to Boiler fans that " see, I write about Purdue when there is something to write about". Well, there will be plenty to about when the Boilers kick the Hoosiers' butts twice during the season. Trying to match up with us with a true Frosh center and a 5th yr transfer is a joke waiting for a laugh. Boiler Up!!!
Well the only things noteworthy about IU basketball last season were drunken driving, brain damage and drug use. How much did you write about those Bob?

The only thing better than CS decommitting from MSU and committing to Purdue would have been if he had decommitted from IU instead.

The only thing better than CS decommitting from MSU and committing to Purdue would have been if he had decommitted from IU instead.

I see the logic in that but given our recent recruiting battles, I have to say, him decomitting from MSU made this so much sweeter. Now if we can sweep them, it gets better. I honestly say that our only real competition for the conference championship is Maryland. They are LOADED.

Didn't read the article, just the headline. A player coming back has many benefits to the program.
If AJ left then he may not have choose Purdue. AJ's decision looks monstrous now.

Spot on!

Hammons gave us the biggest +1 of his career

A 4th year plus Swanigan

GOOD WORK AJ!

LikeBeer_zpswbwbvsi4.jpg

Imagine what the summer would be like with no AJH or Biggie next year...

*shudder*

Definitely it will be a couple oversized steps down without AJH and Biggie, but we would still have a S16 contender (as opposed to a F4 contender)

Haas/Taylor
Edwards/Smotherman
Davis/Cline
Stephens/Mathias
PJ/Hill/Weatherford

We are one overdue dose of good luck away from national significance. i.e., good draw, development in PG/FT/3PT

Reactions: BandofBoilers
As I've noted before, anyone working in the Indy media market is told to always mention one or more of the following in any article:

IU basketball
Hamilton County
The Colts

That is all that matters to the media in central Indiana.

I see the logic in that but given our recent recruiting battles, I have to say, him decomitting from MSU made this so much sweeter. Now if we can sweep them, it gets better. I honestly say that our only real competition for the conference championship is Maryland. They are LOADED.

MSU went to the FF last year and beat Purdue down the stretch without Dawson playing.
They return 7 of top 9 players, bring in an elite transfer,( who many said was the best player in practices last year on the team), and a Mc Donald's all American, among others. Not to mention a guy who won a starters spot on last years team( Javon Bess) who sat out almost all of last year with a foot injury and will be back healthy.
Maryland/ MSU will easily be the two best teams in the conference. Indiana, Purdue, UM, Wisconsin and perhaps Ohio State are all in the next tier.
Both MSU and Maryland are legit national championship threats. Other teams in the conference are good, but can't in any way make such a claim.

MSU went to the FF last year and beat Purdue down the stretch without Dawson playing.
They return 7 of top 9 players, bring in an elite transfer,( who many said was the best player in practices last year on the team), and a Mc Donald's all American, among others. Not to mention a guy who won a starters spot on last years team( Javon Bess) who sat out almost all of last year with a foot injury and will be back healthy.
Maryland/ MSU will easily be the two best teams in the conference. Indiana, Purdue, UM, Wisconsin and perhaps Ohio State are all in the next tier.
Both MSU and Maryland are legit national championship threats. Other teams in the conference are good, but can't in any way make such a claim.

I have to agree with you, Duster. Both MSU and Maryland will be the top of the conference. However, we play them both in a home/away series. Getting them into Mackey might be tough for them. More than once we have spoiled MSU's record at Mackey with an upset. It would be sweet to take them, perhaps splitting with each. I don't know if we can. They might be better on paper, but that is why they play the games.

Actually, this coming season MSU has a pretty favorable conference schedule( seemingly reserved for Wisconsin in the past several years). Lol
MSU gets both Indiana and Maryland only at Breslin Center. Among others, they get " 2 plays" with both Rutgers and Penn State.
MSU and Purdue play only once..... At Mackey.

MSU also has an advantage early on to integrate new pieces by making a trip to Italy. That trip in late August will include games against senior national teams from Georgia, Russia, and Italy. All of whom will be in the middle of vying for 2016 Olympic spots.

MSU received a very favorable draw in the tourney. To call them a legit NC contender is premature at the least.

MSU received a very favorable draw in the tourney. To call them a legit NC contender is premature at the least.

What's favorable about playing( and beating) the 2, 3, and 4 seeds? Saying they beat nobody is a lie. Not to mention a 4 seed in Maryland in the BTT, and literally needing a blatant bad call( foot clearly out of bounds) call against 1 seed Wisconsin to lose in the BTT final.
They return a ton of experience, talent, and have way more upside than they had last year. It's really not even debatable.
This years team is a legit threat to win it all, along with Maryland, Carolina, Duke, perhaps Kansas and Kentucky.. I don't think people have any idea how good Eron Harris is. Big upgrade( immediately) over Trice. Bigger, more athletic, quicker, better shooter. He is the real deal. People will soon get to find out. There is a reason Valentine said recently that Harris is the toughest guy he guarded all last year.
Trice played well down the stretch, no doubt. But shot sub 40% on the year from the field, and under 36% from three. He had some long stretches of games where he didn't show up.

What's favorable about playing( and beating) the 2, 3, and 4 seeds? Saying they beat nobody is a lie. Not to mention a 4 seed in Maryland in the BTT, and literally needing a blatant bad call( foot clearly out of bounds) call against 1 seed Wisconsin to lose in the BTT final.
They return a ton of experience, talent, and have way more upside than they had last year. It's really not even debatable.
This years team is a legit threat to win it all, along with Maryland, Carolina, Duke, perhaps Kansas and Kentucky.. I don't think people have any idea how good Eron Harris is. Big upgrade( immediately) over Trice. Bigger, more athletic, quicker, better shooter. He is the real deal. People will soon get to find out. There is a reason Valentine said recently that Harris is the toughest guy he guarded all last year.
Okay if you say so.

Trice played well down the stretch, no doubt. But shot sub 40% on the year from the field, and under 36% from three. He had some long stretches of games where he didn't show up.
I agree that adding Harris is a big deal, but you still don't have that great of a frontline. You added the talented Davis, but he's not a particularly strong guy (yet). Costello is a serviceable C, but not a dominant one. Valentine is a good player, no doubt. I think Purdue will give MSU fits inside with Hammons, Biggie, Edwards, and Haas, not to mention 6'10" Jacquil Taylor (medical redshirt last year). There are very few teams that will match up with Purdue inside.

Agreed

Costello played last year on a bad knee. Just had it scoped and is currently nearly back up to speed.
That said, I love his upside coming in as a senior. Look no further than what he did last yesr late against Zpurdue. Arguably outplayed they're frontline. 14 and 7 with 4 blocks, and no Dawson to help inside.

Agreed

Costello played last year on a bad knee. Just had it scoped and is currently nearly back up to speed.
That said, I love his upside coming in as a senior. Look no further than what he did last yesr late against Zpurdue. Arguably outplayed they're frontline. 14 and 7 with 4 blocks, and no Dawson to help inside.
Sometimes better players get outplayed by lesser players who have the game of thier life, just happens. Not a single person would pick Costello over Hammons on their team including any reasonable spartan fans.

Agreed

Isn‘t it is comforting to note that some things never change. Our MSU message-board patrol is ever vigilant, always active, ensuring nobody gets a break from their constant pronouncements on the greatness of the green & white team, the cleanliness of their recruiting, and the God-like qualities of their coach. I go on several BIG message boards, and there they are. They are on every board, making sure everyone knows they will rule the BIG next year. I wonder if they decide at the beginning of each year who will petrol which boards?

By the way, I have been corrected. We play MSU only once this year, at Mackey. In that case, I predict that we bomb them out of the arena with a barrage of 3-pt shots, and slams inside. That defeat will knoch them out of second place, and they finish in 3rd place behind Purdue and Maryland. They get a 4-seed in the dance, and get upset in the second game. Ain't life a bitch some days?

Isn‘t it is comforting to note that some things never change. Our MSU message-board patrol is ever vigilant, always active, ensuring nobody gets a break from their constant pronouncements on the greatness of the green & white team, the cleanliness of their recruiting, and the God-like qualities of their coach. I go on several BIG message boards, and there they are. They are on every board, making sure everyone knows they will rule the BIG next year. I wonder if they decide at the beginning of each year who will petrol which boards?

By the way, I have been corrected. We play MSU only once this year, at Mackey. In that case, I predict that we bomb them out of the arena with a barrage of 3-pt shots, and slams inside. That defeat will knoch them out of second place, and they finish in 3rd place behind Purdue and Maryland. They get a 4-seed in the dance, and get upset in the second game. Ain't life a bitch some days?

EXCELLENT!

Yea but look at the Thread Title "When Biggie Finally Speaks MSU Fans Finally Listen":)

Okay I changed it a wee bit. Happy Friday!

They were very close teams last year and will be this year.Purdue had a fair chance of winning last year until Dawson got knocked out of the game and they handed your coach a whistle. They let a 6 ft 10 in player block 7 shots on 2 seven footers. My guess is that wont happen at Mackey

Isn‘t it is comforting to note that some things never change. Our MSU message-board patrol is ever vigilant, always active, ensuring nobody gets a break from their constant pronouncements on the greatness of the green & white team, the cleanliness of their recruiting, and the God-like qualities of their coach. I go on several BIG message boards, and there they are. They are on every board, making sure everyone knows they will rule the BIG next year.

well said. made me laugh. nicely done math boy!

It's "patrol" not "petrol." Or is it? I think "petrol" fits quite well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT