ADVERTISEMENT

Best College Atmosphere

Jbigler1986

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 16, 2015
Pretty sure Purdue is the best college atmosphere out there. Was at the Jacksonville game and it was full. Not an empty seat that I could see. The place was rocking all night even when we were up huge. I also think the fee chicken sandwich deal on 2 consecutive missed free throws is a genius idea. Crowd goes nuts the entire game. I expected it to be less crowded since it's close to Christmas and against a terrible opponent. I sure was wrong.

Pretty sure Purdue is the best college atmosphere out there. Was at the Jacksonville game and it was full. Not an empty seat that I could see. The place was rocking all night even when we were up huge. I also think the fee chicken sandwich deal on 2 consecutive missed free throws is a genius idea. Crowd goes nuts the entire game. I expected it to be less crowded since it's close to Christmas and against a terrible opponent. I sure was wrong.
If you want less crowded, head to Bloomington. Tickets could be had for $7 including fees for their game last night.

If you want less crowded, head to Bloomington. Tickets could be had for $7 including fees for their game last night.
UL/UK played last night, and that was not a sellout.

UL basketball is just horrible. I wonder if Wagner will last through the entire year.

UL/UK played last night, and that was not a sellout.

UL basketball is just horrible. I wonder if Wagner will last through the entire year.
I agree that UL is horrible. And for all of their top recruits, UK has been underwhelming over the past few years. Not a marquee match-up like the old days.

I agree that UL is horrible. And for all of their top recruits, UK has been underwhelming over the past few years. Not a marquee match-up like the old days.
Went to an IU game recently and it was very underwhelming. Audio sucked and they do nothing to get the crowd into it. Definitely nicer stadium but not a better crowd at all

Do NOT tell some non Purdue fans from the south this. They only think 22 ppl watch Purdue in person.

Reactions: mathboy
Also, I have not been to Duke, KU, or Arkansas so I can’t 100% say Mackeys better than those places!

Do NOT tell some non Purdue fans from the south this. They only think 22 ppl watch Purdue in person.
Well I recently went to a game there and it was a terrible experience. Stadium is nice and the seats are comfortable. Other that that it sucked. Audio was garbage and fans weren't really into it. They do nothing to get the fans into the game either.

Also, I have not been to Duke, KU, or Arkansas so I can’t 100% say Mackeys better than those places!
I've been to KU and it wasn't that great in my opinion. Purdue was definitely better. Many players Purdue is the best and I have to agree so far. I don't hear much about Duke, Kansas or UNC being great atmosphere

Well I recently went to a game there and it was a terrible experience. Stadium is nice and the seats are comfortable. Other that that it sucked. Audio was garbage and fans weren't really into it. They do nothing to get the fans into the game either.
Haha it’s a running joke about an IU user who said only 22 Purdue fans flew to the Maui Invitational and compared that to IU “showing up” to NYC.

I have seen that IU fans do agree that they need to do more to engage the fans and upgrade the audio and other parts of their facilities.

Reactions: mathboy
Ass Hall is a terrible place to watch a game.

Or a concert. I saw Chicago there either Fall 1971 or Spring 1972, too long ago to remember exactly. I was in the upper deck and the thing I remember most about the concert was how much those seats sucked.

I saw Manassas and Yes in Mackey. Yes had a revolving stage and it was great.

Reactions: BoilerUp81
They continue to have thousands of empty seats for their games. Looks like the second half crowds for their football games.
It's funny that when the game recaps report attendance, they claim the games are sold out. Sold out and 100% attendance are not the same thing.

Reactions: Woodsa
Pretty sure Purdue is the best college atmosphere out there. Was at the Jacksonville game and it was full. Not an empty seat that I could see. The place was rocking all night even when we were up huge. I also think the fee chicken sandwich deal on 2 consecutive missed free throws is a genius idea. Crowd goes nuts the entire game. I expected it to be less crowded since it's close to Christmas and against a terrible opponent. I sure was wrong. .

ibuyessay.com/marketing.html

It's fantastic to hear about your positive experience at Purdue, especially during the Jacksonville game! The vibrant and engaging atmosphere you described, highlighted by the packed stands and innovative fan engagement strategies like the free chicken sandwich deal, really showcases the spirit and unity of Purdue's community. It's impressive how the crowd's energy remained high throughout the game, proving the strong college spirit exists regardless of the time of year or the opponent's strength.

It's fantastic to hear about your positive experience at Purdue, especially during the Jacksonville game! The vibrant and engaging atmosphere you described, highlighted by the packed stands and innovative fan engagement strategies like the free chicken sandwich deal, really showcases the spirit and unity of Purdue's community. It's impressive how the crowd's energy remained high throughout the game, proving the strong college spirit exists regardless of the time of year or the opponent's strength.
Spam account. Probably getting some help from a ChatGPT-type tool. Every post either links to their service or quotes something with a link, probably the same actor.

like the free chicken sandwich deal,
That is a brilliant marketing strategy, When Robbie does the home broadcasts, he is keyed in on it. When Gus Johnson did the IU game, he was saying "Man. The atmosphere in here is just electric" when IU was shooting free throws. I don't think he knew about the chicken. :)

Reactions: DrEss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT