ADVERTISEMENT

As of now its up to $631,675 for Memories Pizza

There is a sucker born every minute.

Some of those suckers hate gay people.

A perfect example of why sexual orientation needs equal protection under the law.

A perfect example of why the government shouldn't fund most of what it funds. If some people insist that, for example, green energy needs funding they can do it themselves and leave the rest of us out of it.

A perfect example of why sexual orientation needs equal protection under the law.

How? This story had nothing to do with anyone's sexual orientation. Instead it was about a "journalist" pushing her leftist political agenda by manufacturing events that never happened. Then came the leftist lynch mob, instigated by lies and motivated by hatred. Good to see people standing up to the lynch mob.

Originally posted by ecouch:
So what exactly would homosexuals be "protected" from here? A mousy little woman who's never turned away a customer, but who made the mistake of telling the truth about a purely hypothetical situation to someone in the media out to make a name for themselves?

It's amazing to me just how many people will fall right in line and believe literally ANYTHING they are told. This tiny little pizza parlor in a town of 2000 people is just minding their own damn business and trying to make a living. Not harming anyone, not threatening anyone, and not turning anyone away.

Then a reporter shows up who's out shopping for a bigot. Likely already had the story written, just needed to plug in the store owner's name, place of business, and some video footage. Next thing you know, the store owner is getting death threats, people are going on social media saying they want to burn the place down, etc.

So tell me again who needs protection?!?! The owner did absolutely NOTHING wrong, but has had her business and her very life threatened. Yet SHE'S the bad guy.

I'd like to say it's unbelievable, but there are so many f*cking stupid people out there today who will believe anything they are told, that it isn't the least bit unbelievable! It's pretty much expected! Sad.

You aren't even trying anymore.

Assistance for food is a giveaway? SS is a giveaway?

Do you feel embarrassed after this post?

A joke? Not a very good one from one whom is supposed to defend the constitution, and not to mock it.

-Funny how in interviews the owners of the chain have stated over and over that they have not denied anyone service in their business ever and that they were responding to a hypothetical(understand:never happened) question.

-That hardly sounds like they hate gay people, or anyone reaally.

-Where the hate comes from is all of the threats they received. Nowhere else.

-Well, at least these people that donated their money (key phrase:their money) know they have freedom to make that choice and did with their money what they thought right.

-This whole situation reminds me of the Chic-filet deal where city officials were trying to block them from coming in cities, a lot of the demagoguery leftist type people attacked them, and yeah, you remember what happened. Could barely keep up with business.

One of the major weaknesses of people, and to be honest, largely seen in liberals, is that they think if someone disagrees with them, has a different view point, they believe they hate them and cannot get along. Not to change the subject but a perfect example of this is is the Obama Admin stating if you do not support the Iran agreement you want war. Really?

This post was edited on 4/4 2:54 AM by Purdue97

That is all you got in response to that?

Man, you were completely owned to the point of embarrassment in this debate and all you can respond with is something you only thought was witty or funny, but was really just lame. Man stick your head in a hole and keep it there. Pretty much shows you are standing on air.

And you know what? I did not give. Did not even think about it. Never been there either. But I will be traveling from IL to east coast in the next month and now will likely buy a few slices from them.

Why? Not because I dislike any ethnic background or people of any sexual orientation but because of the hate, vitriol, and threats some pretty down to earth, minding their own business(literally and figuratively) people received over something hypothetical and not their reality.

This post was edited on 4/4 2:50 AM by Purdue97

One of the major weaknesses of people, and to be honest, largely seen in liberals, is that they think if someone disagrees with them, has a different view point, they believe they hate them and cannot get along.
[/I]
So if someone refuses to serve me because of my beliefs, I am not to feel that they don't get along with me? Just what does that mean? "Sorry, bro, I love you but you and I are not connecting here? Go somewhere else." Being shunned is not to be seen as a sign of hatred? Show me some love then!

Correct me if I am wrong here, but it was not the "liberals" who said they would boycottt the business, until the business reps said they would not recognize (boycott) the gays' rights. Am I wrong?

Can you tell me which religion(s), by their beliefs, are authorized to discriminate against others? I know the Mormons once had a thing against the Blacks, on which they finally relented, but which other bodies of faith are allowed to be discriminated against by religious beliefs in America? I sure hope you don't say Christians, because you would be wrong by my Christian upbringing! If your business enters the public sphere, you should treat everyone the same.

Where the hate comes from is all of the threats they received. Nowhere else.

Really? But this came after their statements to treat "others" differently. How about the gays who were murdered for being different? You don't perceive that as hatred?

BTW, it's not a liberal thing. It is a right of ALL citizens to be accepted for who they are, regardless of race, creed, sexual preference, etc...To say the "leftists" are full of hate seems quite disingenuous. They just want to participate in our everyday affairs without being singled out for prejudice. IMO, it is the "rightists" who seem to have the problem with getting along with everyone else.

No, they didn't make any statement that they would treat "others" differently. If a straight person came into their store wanting them to cater a same-sex wedding they'd still say "no". They don't treat gay customers differently. They treat certain events differently.

It is a right of ALL citizens to be accepted for who they are, regardless of race, creed, sexual preference, etc..

Does that include citizens who work at a business? Should they be forced by the government to do something that violates their rights or religious beliefs?

BTW, being "accepted" means someone else has to accept you. Naturally, a leftist like yourself doesn't understand what the word "right" means. You think it means others are forced to do something they otherwise wouldn't do for your benefit.

To say the "leftists" are full of hate seems quite disingenuous.

Except for the mountains of hate they direct at their political opponents all the time. The issue of same-sex marriage being one of the greatest examples.

IMO, it is the "rightists" who seem to have the problem with getting along with everyone else.

Yes, which is why we want to drastically increase the size and scope of government to force others to do what we want them to do. Oh wait........

Yeah, especially if they're Muslim

When Muslim bakeries refuse to make cakes for a same-sex wedding the left (and the rest of the phonies bleating about this issue) will not throw themselves into an apoplectic fit. Why? Because it was never about "gay rights". Instead it was always about attacking the people they hate. Normal white people who own a business and identify as Christian? Yep, the left despises them.

yes

I'm sure you can link to all the Muslim bakeries who refused to make cakes for same sex weddings.

point me to one

and I'll denounce them.

Would you like a whole separate thread on it or just a reply post?

yes a video on some obscure site

from two days ago...how in the world has it not blown up everywhere, it must be a conspiracy!

My denunciation is exactly the same. The bakers should bake a cake for a gay couple whether they are Muslim or Christian or atheist.

The fact that this guy has to go all around and still can't find anyone to bake a cake is exactly the point we are making about how ridiculous this is.

I find it funny, when it's Muslims then it's ok, even great to call them a bigot. When it's Christians, it's just respect for religious beliefs. I find it laughable that you attempt to push one "hypocrisy" as you ignore the other. Unlike you, I have no problem pointing out ANYONE who refuses to sell to someone just because of their sexual orientation is a bigot, regardless if their reasoning behind it is religious or simply "I hate queers."

Yes a pizza store in a small town......

......reported on by TV station in South Bend. That story blew up in about 5 minutes. Why? Because it fit the MSM's agenda.

Which is why Crowder's story hasn't and won't "blow up". And why those bakeries won't get 1/1000,000,000th of the outrage or harassment Memories Pizza did.

My denunciation is exactly the same. The bakers should bake a cake for a
gay couple whether they are Muslim or Christian or atheist.

That's what I thought. A perfunctory statement with no force behind it. Hey, what else should we expect from a phony?

The fact that this guy has to go all around and still can't find anyone to bake a cake.......

Complete lie.

I find it funny, when it's Muslims then it's ok, even great to call them a bigot.

Its called "mockery".

When it's Christians, it's just respect for religious beliefs.

Correct. Which is why people like me defend both Muslim and Christian bakeries rights to refuse to do business with anyone.

I find it laughable that you attempt to push one "hypocrisy" as you ignore the other.

There's only one hypocrisy here and its on your side.

what force would you like behind it?

What "force" did I give to "denouncing" the Christians below? I in fact said most Christians aren't that way, and defended it when another person gave a blanket condemnation of Christianity. But please, cut and paste any "force" you find, then delete Christian and insert Muslim.

You need to learn how to read better...step one on your 154 step process to being a halfway decent human being.

Originally posted by TheCainer:
A joke? Not a very good one from one whom is supposed to defend the constitution, and not to mock it.
How did I mock the constitution? None of those "entitlements" or whatever you want to call them are in the Constitution.

2-day edit: Yep, that's pretty much what I thought. Careful what aspersions you're casting.
This post was edited on 4/7 3:30 PM by gr8indoorsman

Normal

In other words, if a non-white owns a bakery, he or she is not "normal," according to GMM.

You reveal your anti-non-white bias yet again.

I agree that the Indiana RFRA flap isn't about gay rights. It's about advancing the anti-people-not-like us agenda of certain people masquerading as Christians, with more nefarious legislation likely to follow if there were no outcry. The controversy stems not from the RFRA bill's contents but from the politics behind it.

Re: Normal

In other words, if a non-white owns a bakery......they won't be demonized by the left if they refuse to participate in a gay wedding.

There, fixed it for ya.

Careful. Your victim mentality is showing again.

If by "victim" you mean telling the truth about who the left hates then, yes, it is.

There you go again with the demonizing.

So you think a few kids' misplaced rage against a pizza store is representative of the broader objections to the Indiana RFRA law's passage. Got it.

It looks like the rubes who gave these bigots money need to be protected.

Howdy Doody they sure opened up rather fast after all of the death threats and having to go into hiding.

Oh yeah, they are $800,000 richer now as well, minus taxes.

His crust has risen!

What about the death threats?

If you only knew this dope pizzeria owner you'd realize he just scammed you out of $$$ to fix up his place. It was either that or close up shop, suckers!

I believe the reason these pizza restaurant owners are in hiding is because they are being threatened with violence. Are you liberals on this board making threats or do you support those who do?
I think the owners would have plenty of business if they stayed open. It is the threat of violence they are worried about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT