ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone saying CMP doesn't develop bigs doesn't know basketball

Not derailing anything, was merely pointing out tendencies you have had in the past. Like I said I have no issue with you and contrary to the court jester, am not trying to police this forum at all.

It's just my opinion and nothing more. I'm going off of 3 hours of sleep so quite possibly could be misinterpreting your intent. If so, then take what I pointed out with a grain of salt and we will just move on.
Well it certainly seems like that's what you're doing. I wasn't trolling with my comments. I was actually having a pretty interesting discussion with people here on the difference in perception of the "development" of players. Yes, I mentioned Crean. I also mentioned Matta, Calipari and Coach K. And again, I never said anything negative about Painter and I actually was complimentary. So your post kind of came out of left field and seems to be just because I don't take the OP's word as gospel, I'm automatically trolling which isn't the case.

No doubt Painter does "help" developing Bigs - not debatable really. However, the issue is a recruit gets sold on the coaches ability to sell what he can do for a player........so let's hope Painter can sell it well. Worked in Haas's case. We will see going further.

No doubt Painter does "help" developing Bigs - not debatable really. However, the issue is a recruit gets sold on the coaches ability to sell what he can do for a player........so let's hope Painter can sell it well. Worked in Haas's case. We will see going further.
If Hammons, Haas and Swanigan all get drafted, that's going to be a huge sell for Painter. Huge.

I hope they don't, of course, for IU's sake. DWS

You tend to spin these threads down a spiral and no matter what you say, you aren't going to convince us here to fall in line with what you are trying to push..
Again, I've had a good conversation with a few here. No need to derail it with your previous post.
Snu,
I think MOST people here have no problem with you voicing your opinion but come on. At this time there are 43 posts on this thread (not counting mine.) TWELVE of these are yours!!!

In fact if you do a find on SNU, you come up 42 times. A find on Painter (the object of the OP) come up only 47 times. I would bet that this would be true for MANY of the threads in which you participate.

You are allowed to voice your opinion and have done so MANY times.

I think others may not be so concerned with what you say but the fact that you seem to patrol and hijack a thread when you DO disagree with other. And when YOU come up nearly as many times as the object of the post, then you HAVE hijacked the thread.

I tend to think if you are visiting and you say something three times and others still disagree then it is time to move on.

Last edited:
Snu,
I think MOST people here have no problem with you voicing your opinion but come on. At this time there are 43 posts on this thread (not counting mine.) TWELVE of these are yours!!!

In fact if you do a find on SNU, you come up 42 times. A find on Painter (the object of the OP) come up only 47 times. I would bet that this would be true for MANY of the threads in which you participate.

You are allowed to voice your opinion and have done so MANY times.

I think others may not be so concerned with what you say but the fact that you seem to patrol and hijack a thread when you DO disagree with other. And when YOU come up nearly as many times as the object of the post, then you HAVe hijacked the thread.

I tend to think if you are visiting and you say something three times and others still disagree then it is time to move on.
Thanks for your take, but I don't agree with it. I was having a nice back and forth with a couple posters here on the subject. That is why I posted so many times. It was an interesting discussion. If you don't like me posting so many times, then don't read it. I wasn't flaming in here. I wasn't trashing the other posters who disagreed with me. It was a pretty good discussion until BBG decided to hijack it and turn my posts into something they weren't. Thanks for your concern though...

Reactions: BoilerDeac
Thanks for your take, but I don't agree with it. I was having a nice back and forth with a couple posters here on the subject. That is why I posted so many times. It was an interesting discussion. If you don't like me posting so many times, then don't read it. I wasn't flaming in here. I wasn't trashing the other posters who disagreed with me. It was a pretty good discussion until BBG decided to hijack it and turn my posts into something they weren't. Thanks for your concern though...
Snu, clearly you do hijack threads but I never said anything about trashing, flaming, etc. If you notice most others gave their opinions and moved on. BBG did not hijack anything.

Again I said I have no problem with your posts and defended you but just asked that you are aware that you do become obsessive. I will chose to read what I chose to read, but it gets old when you read the same thing in nearly 1 in 4 posts in the same thread.

Reactions: BBG
Snu, clearly you do hijack threads but I never said anything about trashing, flaming, etc. If you notice most others gave their opinions and moved on. BBG did not hijack anything.

Again I said I have no problem with your posts and defended you but just asked that you are aware that you do become obsessive. I will chose to read what I chose to read, but it gets old when you read the same thing in nearly 1 in 4 posts in the same thread.
Exactly this. I've defended snu in the past as well and your post is spot on and you expressed the point I was trying to make perfectly. Thanks.

Tom Crean's entire career is based on the good fortune of landing two players: D Wade and C Zeller. Without them his entire resume is less than mediocre. Zeller likely only went to IU because he was brainwashed by the locals in Washington and as the baby of the family didn't really want to be any farther from home than IU. He was ready for the league when he got there and didn't really improve his game in his time there. Physically he was improved but not because he was coached up.

Tom Crean's entire career is based on the good fortune of landing two players: D Wade and C Zeller. Without them his entire resume is less than mediocre. Zeller likely only went to IU because he was brainwashed by the locals in Washington and as the baby of the family didn't really want to be any farther from home than IU. He was ready for the league when he got there and didn't really improve his game in his time there. Physically he was improved but not because he was coached up.
How is that different from CMP. His career is based on Hummel and Moore. I would say Hammons , but Purdue finished last twice in the B1G with Hammons. What is the difference between the two coaches without those two players on each team? Cmp has had ten years, Crean has had seven. Very similar results at the two schools.

well, it made him a lottery pick. Hammons taking 4 years, ....is painter using him right?

lol, jimmy! Vonleh would have been a lottery pick out of high school. AJH, a project, would have been creaned at iu. How many bigs have come in with tons of accolades at iu and then completely disappeared? 5-star Perea? Who's he? It looks like the longer you play for crean, the worse you get.

How is that different from CMP. His career is based on Hummel and Moore. I would say Hammons , but Purdue finished last twice in the B1G with Hammons. What is the difference between the two coaches without those two players on each team? Cmp has had ten years, Crean has had seven. Very similar results at the two schools.

Yes, very similar results.

I pray that Crean's tenure at IU will be every bit as long as Painter's at Purdue

The clown lured Zeller to the circus with tricks. Take that any way you want to. Wade is simply ancient history. That hype is long gone.

lol, jimmy! Vonleh would have been a lottery pick out of high school. AJH, a project, would have been creaned at iu. How many bigs have come in with tons of accolades at iu and then completely disappeared? 5-star Perea? Who's he? It looks like the longer you play for crean, the worse you get.
Oh purdue4sure...Perea wasn't a 5*. He was at one point in time but he didn't end up one but please don't let facts get in your way of trolling.

When you talk about player development, I tend to put that process into two different buckets. I think many focus on the physical aspects of the player. Did he become faster, stronger, and a better shot. No doubt this development is often driven by the player more than the coaching staff. I suspect you would find all BIG universities provide the facilities and the opportunity to improve the physical aspects of their game.

Where I think Painter excels is with the mental aspects of the game. Kids that go through his program leave with tremendous knowledge of the game. For example, Moore, Hummel and Landry are very cerebral players. They maximize their skills by being in the right place at the right time, and make the right decisions. I think this is the advantage of playing for Painter. He and his staff provide his players with in depth knowledge of the game of basketball. Do other coaches? Yes, but Painter seems to excel in this aspect of the coaching process.

:cool:

Hammons was not on 2 last place teams at Purdue. Simply false.

Oh purdue4sure...Perea wasn't a 5*. He was at one point in time but he didn't end up one but please don't let facts get in your way of trolling.

Was Perea rated higher than Hammons? - pause -

Could he even carry Hammons' jockstrap after developing in their respective programs into their junior years? - pause -

And where is Perea now? Would anyone be considering him a 1st Team All-B1G player as a senior? - pause -

Snuie accusing someone else of trolling. That's rich!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT