ADVERTISEMENT

Any one know anything about Fresno State?

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
Apart from located in North Dakota, I don't know anything about Fresno St. šŸ˜

How are they on O? D?

Since we don't know anything about how Purdue will perform, just impossible to predict anything.

Though I stand by my up 7 at the half, win by 10 comment. What say you?

• Haha
Reactions: Courthouse Carp
Yeah I guess I don't get the joke with the North Dakota thing.

"Fresno" in place of "Fargo" (a city in North Dakota).

Woodsa's original post brought to mind a similar intentional malapropism when OMHR played an SEC team at a neutral site; a fan of Iowa's opponent that day made a sign that said "WELCOME FAMOUS POTATO PEOPLE!", accompanied with a couple of 40-pound bags of potatoes. šŸ„”

Some Hawkeye fans tailgating nearby were indignant, one was even outraged, saying "We're famous for our CORN!!" šŸŒ½

I tried consoling said Iowa fan by telling him "They know that, they're just making a funny joke at your expense.", but the guy couldn't grasp the intent, which only made it more hilarious (to me anyway).

On both counts, I think the play on each malaprop was clever and quite humorous; but then again, I may not be as worldly or sophisticated as you or that Iowa goober.

Feel free to refer to me as "Cartographer Carp" from here on out, only because I had to draw you a map.

Last edited:

"Fresno" in place of "Fargo" (a city in North Dakota).

Woodsa's original post brought to mind a similar intentional malapropism when OMHR played an SEC team at a neutral site; a fan of Iowa's opponent that day made a sign that said "WELCOME FAMOUS POTATO PEOPLE!", accompanied with a couple of 40-pound bags of potatoes. šŸ„”

Some Hawkeye fans tailgating nearby were indignant, one was even outraged, saying "We're famous for our CORN!!" šŸŒ½

I tried consoling said Iowa fan by telling him "They know that, they're just making a funny joke at your expense.", but the guy couldn't grasp the intent, which only made it more hilarious (to me anyway).

On both counts, I think the play on each malaprop was clever and quite humorous; but then again, I may not be as worldly or sophisticated as you or that Iowa goober.

Feel free to refer to me as "Cartographer Carp" from here on out, only because I had to draw you a map.
Yeah, what he said!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT