ADVERTISEMENT

Accountability

BoilerDaddy

All-American
Mar 26, 2009
I was very impressed watching Painter and the players in the post game interviews. Painter took accountability. Smith took accountability. Edey had every reason to blame everyone else, but came to Braden’s defense and took accountability for his own mistakes. Jenkins did the same.

These guys truly support each other, but they also own their mistakes. Win or lose, I am so impressed with the character of this team.

I was very impressed watching Painter and the players in the post game interviews. Painter took accountability. Smith took accountability. Edey had every reason to blame everyone else, but came to Braden’s defense and took accountability for his own mistakes. Jenkins did the same.

These guys truly support each other, but they also own their mistakes. Win or lose, I am so impressed with the character of this team.

For those who are interested.

So impressed with just how much Zach has grown in his time in this program. Leadership and confidence. He's definitely stepped up as an upperclassmen into that role as he learned from guys like Tre last year. I'm proud of everything this kid has become in addition to what shows up on the stat sheet.

I saw a lot of fouls in the first half that were not called. I guess If I closed my eyes I would not have had to see it. Just a fact

We were down 16 at the half,and lost by 5. That means when we got our sh-t together, this team is 11 points better than IU per half. Home court is worth 3-5 points, but at Ass Hall, I’ll take it at 5. Add that up, and I figure a 20 point swing at Mackey.
:cool:

Reactions: depthcharge623
They will learn a lot from this and it’ll only help in the long run. Better to happen now than in 6 weeks.

I imagine many feel similarly to me in this, but in a weird way I’m glad we took a loss. Though I would prefer literally anyone but IU, losing to a ranked team on the road is best case scenario. The loss doesn’t really hurt us.

I just kept feeling like there’s no way we win out, so better to get a loss out of the way. Plus I hope we learned a lot and can grow from this. We will see.

I imagine many feel similarly to me in this, but in a weird way I’m glad we took a loss. Though I would prefer literally anyone but IU, losing to a ranked team on the road is best case scenario. The loss doesn’t really hurt us.

I just kept feeling like there’s no way we win out, so better to get a loss out of the way. Plus I hope we learned a lot and can grow from this. We will see.

I follow your point......plenty of potential landmines left for the Boilers, and @ Maryland will be no picnic - they have not lost a conference home game yet. Now with all of that, they're still in really good position - can they finish the season in strong fashion? I wouldn't bet against them, but it's not a foregone conclusion either, IMO.

So impressed with just how much Zach has grown in his time in this program. Leadership and confidence. He's definitely stepped up as an upperclassmen into that role as he learned from guys like Tre last year. I'm proud of everything this kid has become in addition to what shows up on the stat sheet.
It's been wonderful watching this kid break out of his seeming shy-ish shell and becoming a real leader and showing emotion and caring in this play. He impresses me more all the time. SO much better than I thought he could be.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT