ADVERTISEMENT

6-6 Way too early 2024 prediction

goboilers2

All-American
Sep 26, 2001
St Augustine
Wins - ISU, ND (my upset pick), Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana, MSU

The rest - ugh, we are in trouble. Oregon State was good this year but I dont know enough about their roster to make a good prediction.

Reactions: gold67
yes I would swap MSU with Oregon State. Oregon State lost their coach and star QB to Mich St.
but seeing how much it took for C Walters to work on his team year 1, I wonder if Mich St will have the same struggles with a year 1 coach in C Smith.

yes would really like us to beat ND on NBC.
hard to predict without seeing what the roster looks like after the portal and 2024 class.

Reactions: goboilers2
I would like to see who else we lose to the portal and get from the portal first. We definitely need some more playmakers on offense.

The rest - ugh, we are in trouble. Oregon State was good this year but I dont know enough about their roster to make a good prediction.
it's a toad game to the Pac NW, mark it down as a L. Also msu may flip to a pretty solid team next year

Gotta figure OSU and WSU lose a ton of talent in the portal this offseason. Oregon St was very good this year, but the coach (an alum even) leaving and the uncertainty of everything has to make things tough on them going into next year.

Reactions: pboiler18
I would like to see who else we lose to the portal and get from the portal first. We definitely need some more playmakers on offense.
Definitely. We need a good hands/route receiver and a RB. Mock cant carry the load. There are a decent number of WRs in the portal.

Reggie Love committed. One on the wish list - edited

Last edited:
Definitely. We need a good hands/route receiver and a RB. Mock cant carry the load. There are a decent number of WRs in the portal.
There are a decent number of everything in the portal. Just nuts. It's to the point that you don't know who is a high schooler or a transfer.

Reactions: goboilers2
Oregon State was good this year but I dont know enough about their roster to make a good prediction.
Athletic article on NIL and portal said the average number of players in the portal last year was 20 per school. with an 85 man roster, that's almost 1/4th the players. Assuming even more go this year (and the next few until it stabilizes...if it does) I think you'll be saying that about MOST teams, including the big boys as $$$$ accelerate the equation for them.

Athletic article on NIL and portal said the average number of players in the portal last year was 20 per school. with an 85 man roster, that's almost 1/4th the players. Assuming even more go this year (and the next few until it stabilizes...if it does) I think you'll be saying that about MOST teams, including the big boys as $$$$ accelerate the equation for them.
NIL is destroying college sports. The portal has taken away the meaning of commitment. I have seen several player bios where they are on their 3rd school.

Back to the $$$$, do you think the NCAA will have to introduce a NFL-style money cap?

Last edited:
Back to the $$$$, do you think the NCAA will have to introduce a NFL-style money cap?
I think the NCAA already has one foot out the door in being able to dictate financials in regards to NIL. I still think those willing to pay-for-play the game will break off into their own semi-pro league (completely detached from the NCAA or any collegiate governing body), leaving the rest (majority) of schools going back to a paid education as the cost for their services.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT