ADVERTISEMENT

2016 targets

atkinsbj

True Freshman
Jan 27, 2010
With a couple of the targets coming off the board and a couple of new offers going out recently I was going to put together a list of current 2016 targets with offers. I'm sure I'm missing some so please add to the list if possible. This is going to be a pivotal class for the Boilers.

pg's:
Xavier Simpson

sg's:
Jaron Cumberland
Kameron McGusty
Eli Wright
Eron Gordon

sf's

pf's:

c's:
Barret Benson
Kaleb Wesson

With a couple of the targets coming off the board and a couple of new offers going out recently I was going to put together a list of current 2016 targets with offers. I'm sure I'm missing some so please add to the list if possible. This is going to be a pivotal class for the Boilers.

pg's:
Xavier Simpson

sg's:
Jaron Cumberland
Kameron McGusty
Eli Wright
Eron Gordon

sf's

pf's:

c's:
Barret Benson
Kaleb Wesson

You can add Carsen Edwards to the PG group, Tyler Cook to the PF's, as well as James Banks and Schnider Herard to the C's.

I wouldn't worry about 24/7 Crystal Ball trending towards Michigan. 5 "analysts" recently threw in for Michigan without having a previous prediction, 3 of which are Michigan-based.

pg's:
Xavier Simpson

sg's:
Jaron Cumberland
Kameron McGusty
Eli Wright
Eron Gordon

sf's

pf's:

c's:
Barret Benson
Kaleb Wesson

PG's with offers Xavier Simpson will not be at Purdue Thursday as reported with his HS team , DeJon Jarreau says he will visit before returning to HS Carsen Edwards a long shot . Also considering but have not offered Justin Thomas from Indianapolis . Tavian Dunn-Martin from W. Virginia kid is a scorer video on you tube where he scored 44 points been compared to Allen Iverson not sure he fits but can fill it up .

SG Jarron Cumberland , Bruce Brown , Kamron McGutsy , Eli Wright , Eron Gordon , and DeJan Vasiljevic from Australia Purdue found him while scouting Humphries maybe the best of all .

SF We have no offers out that I know of .

PF we have offered Nick Rakocevic and De'Ron Davis but are not actively recruiting them .

Center Barret Benson , James Banks and Schnider Herard

I wouldn't worry about lack of offers traditionally Painter likes to watch the AAU circuit play out and pull a kid in late . As he did with Cline , Weatherford , Mathias , Haas , Taylor , Thompson , Kramer and many more . Also I wouldn't pick Cumberland to Michigan he is not a spot up shooter and he and Painter have an excellent relationship just my opinion . Nai Carlisle is not our plan B he has really struggled IMO . I watched Robert Phinisee 2018 PG who will be offered and will accept tear him up in a HS game . Phinisee also out played CJ Walker in a game I watched Jack Owens was at both of those games . However Ryan Cline sent Rob to the bench in the regionals with coach Peckinpuagh screaming at him none stop . First time in many games he looked like a freshmen but then again it was against Mr. BB runner up .

pg's:
Xavier Simpson

sg's:
Jaron Cumberland
Kameron McGusty
Eli Wright
Eron Gordon

sf's

pf's:

c's:
Barret Benson
Kaleb Wesson

PG:
Dejon Jarreau
Carsen Edwards

SG:
Bruce Brown

PF:
De'ron Davis
Tyler Cook
Nick Rakocevic

And Wesson is a '17.

I'm curious, who's Humphries?
I'm curious, who's Humphries?
Isaac Humphries 7 footer from Australia 4 star plays HS ball at Lalumiere in Indiana strong lean towards Arizona but Branden Brantley continues to recruit him . He has been to a Purdue game and is currently playing on the Australian U19 team with Vasiljevic . He has offers from many programs but not from Purdue as of yet .

Isaac Humphries 7 footer from Australia 4 star plays HS ball at Lalumiere in Indiana strong lean towards Arizona but Branden Brantley continues to recruit him . He has been to a Purdue game and is currently playing on the Australian U19 team with Vasiljevic . He has offers from many programs but not from Purdue as of yet .
Oh ok. Thanks. Hadn't heard him mentioned with Purdue, that's why I wasn't sure. Curious as to why Purdue hasn't offered yet.

PG's with offers Xavier Simpson will not be at Purdue Thursday as reported with his HS team , DeJon Jarreau says he will visit before returning to HS Carsen Edwards a long shot . Also considering but have not offered Justin Thomas from Indianapolis . Tavian Dunn-Martin from W. Virginia kid is a scorer video on you tube where he scored 44 points been compared to Allen Iverson not sure he fits but can fill it up .

SG Jarron Cumberland , Bruce Brown , Kamron McGutsy , Eli Wright , Eron Gordon , and DeJan Vasiljevic from Australia Purdue found him while scouting Humphries maybe the best of all .

PF we have offered Nick Rakocevic and De'Ron Davis but are not actively recruiting them .

I wouldn't worry about lack of offers traditionally Painter likes to watch the AAU circuit play out and pull a kid in late . As he did with Cline , Weatherford , Mathias , Haas , Taylor , Thompson , Kramer and many more . Also I wouldn't pick Cumberland to Michigan he is not a spot up shooter and he and Painter have an excellent relationship just my opinion . Nai Carlisle is not our plan B he has really struggled IMO . I watched Robert Phinisee 2018 PG who will be offered and will accept tear him up in a HS game . Phinisee also out played CJ Walker in a game I watched Jack Owens was at both of those games . However Ryan Cline sent Rob to the bench in the regionals with coach Peckinpuagh screaming at him none stop . First time in many games he looked like a freshmen but then again it was against Mr. BB runner up .
Do you know why Simpson won't be at PU ?

Do you know why Simpson won't be at PU ?
I don't why his dad ( Coach) just tweeted me and said " Unfortunately we won't be able to make it this week Sorry " after I had tweeted that they were coming . His high school team was to compete in the Boilermaker challenge . Probably a conflict with schedules on his players side but I don't know for sure .

Oh ok. Thanks. Hadn't heard him mentioned with Purdue, that's why I wasn't sure. Curious as to why Purdue hasn't offered yet.
Me too he is clearly worthy it maybe that he has led them to believe he has little interest . Isaac being there has many saying thanks but no thanks . And he has plenty of other options much more attractive .

I wouldn't worry about 24/7 Crystal Ball trending towards Michigan. 5 "analysts" recently threw in for Michigan without having a previous prediction, 3 of which are Michigan-based.
I would agree with this. The two "experts" who have predicted Purdue, Jerry Meyer and Drew Messmer, have impressive track records in Crystal Ball. The four "experts" currently choosing Michigan don't. Michigan is obviously a contender for Cumberland, but so is Purdue, by all indications.

I would guess that Beilein would use Stauskis and Levert as examples of the role that Cumberland might play. Painter will certainly compare him to E'Twaun. I am not sure that either coach gains much of an advantage with those comparisons.

Your overall point is a good one though. Beilein likes to isolate his best perimeter player. If that's Cumberland, great for him. If it's someone else, Cumberland might be a role player.

I think that Painter can really sell fit on the current roster. Purdue really needs that multi-level scorer and has a roster that will really compliment such a player. With bigs like Haas and Swanigan, shooters like Stephens, Mathias, and Cline, and a versatile wing in Edwards, the opportunity for a multi-level scorer seems quite apparent (as well as the opportunity for a talented point guard).

I'm not for the simple reason that just because we haven't heard anything, it doesn't mean things aren't churning in the background. I mean just look at the Biggie commitment as an example.

Fair enough. I just continue to think back to the lackluster recruiting classes after the '07 class. That dug Purdue a couple year hole.

I also appreciate your input OB52. Thanks.
Thank you kindly !
I got this tweet from coach Q today " Hold that thought we might .... be there after all ". This would be huge for Painter not just because Xavier is his son but because coach Q is a coach of King James AAU team a team that puts every player at a Div 1 school also his hs team Lima Senior is one of the biggest and best in Ohio . I know that I will get some hate from my next comment but here it is anyway . A relationship with him is way more important than signing his son . He brought his team to Purdue last year as well . Just a few of his players this year Xavier , Jarron Cumberland , Derek Funderburke , and Seth Towns . One thing Brandon Brantley brings to the table is experience with AAU . Recruiting has swung from the HS coach to the shoe companies and the AAU circuit IMO .

I sure hope so! Don't get me wrong, there were some quality players from '08 - '11 (LewJack, Ryne, Byrd, Terone), but they seemingly lacked a go-to guy. Boiler up, Cumberland!
We've got many go-to guys now on the roster. AJH proved it in the presason tourney with his clutch shot, Edwards can be and Biggie most certainly should be.

What we lack is a proven PG, but I think we have 3 on the roster now. They don't have to be spectacular PGs to succeed under Painter's system.

We've got many go-to guys now on the roster. AJH proved it in the presason tourney with his clutch shot, Edwards can be and Biggie most certainly should be.

What we lack is a proven PG, but I think we have 3 on the roster now. They don't have to be spectacular PGs to succeed under Painter's system.

Maybe not overall in Purdue's system, but in the NCAA tourney it sure helps. Difference makers @ any position help, but @ pg it is just a great bonus. I just think other teams will exploit us there the longer we do not get some real B1G talent that can also play in Painters system @ pg. Yes, we will get by like you say...but eventually for either the B1G championship or NCAAs it will bite us in the a$$ if we do not have someone reliably take the ball by the horns @ that position. We might have that guy???....we will see what 15-16 brings.

Thank you kindly !
I got this tweet from coach Q today " Hold that thought we might .... be there after all ". This would be huge for Painter not just because Xavier is his son but because coach Q is a coach of King James AAU team a team that puts every player at a Div 1 school also his hs team Lima Senior is one of the biggest and best in Ohio . I know that I will get some hate from my next comment but here it is anyway . A relationship with him is way more important than signing his son . He brought his team to Purdue last year as well . Just a few of his players this year Xavier , Jarron Cumberland , Derek Funderburke , and Seth Towns . One thing Brandon Brantley brings to the table is experience with AAU . Recruiting has swung from the HS coach to the shoe companies and the AAU circuit IMO .
Thanks OB52.I also enjoy your input !!!!!!

Thank you kindly !
Your stuff is awesome, keep posting. If you ever get your own site, sign me up

ADVERTISEMENT