ADVERTISEMENT

12 Minutes?

woggy718

All-American
Nov 13, 2007
Greenwood, IN
www.catalystinsgrp.com
How does Biggie only get 12 min in today's U19 game vs Croatia? 8pts, 4 reb, 2 blk, 1 assist, 12 min? Last game he played 15 min vs Iran.

I thought this team lacked depth at the center position, which is the role Biggie was selected to play.

I know the fans with the inferiority complex will say "it's because he's committed to Purdue and if he were going to Michigan State, he'd play a lot more", but that's just BS.

Goes small well shouldn't that play into more minutes if he's playing center? That 12 looks way bigger

How does Biggie only get 12 min in today's U19 game vs Croatia? 8pts, 4 reb, 2 blk, 1 assist, 12 min? Last game he played 15 min vs Iran.

I thought this team lacked depth at the center position, which is the role Biggie was selected to play.

I know the fans with the inferiority complex will say "it's because he's committed to Purdue and if he were going to Michigan State, he'd play a lot more", but that's just BS.
Nobody believes that it is because he chose Purdue. My post to that effect was a joke. I haven't watched much of the games, but Milller apparently prefers other combinations. I wouldn't read too much into it.

He gets the most minutes of any of the Center options on the team. It goes Biggie, Onauku, and Welsh. Josh Jackson, Harry Giles, and Jayson Tatum are the best players on that team and a lot of the time the team is at its best when playing Jackson or Giles at the 5 to give a more athletic, mobile, and higher scoring punch. Biggie likely will get 15-18 minutes a game on this trip and have the most minutes of the post position players. Jackson, Giles and Tatum are just too good to keep off the floor.

This is not a knock on Biggie, it's just those 3 guys are so good. The played with him on the U-17 team and all played a lot more than he did.

Biggie is fine but he isn't the focus of this team. That's ok. He will be at Purdue, and that's all that counts

I wasn't worried about Biggie, but rather just curious as to why he wasn't playing more.

I guess I am just so used to a post centric offense at Purdue.

Ya, not really the same with USA, or at least not with this roster. The 3 center players have shot a combined 19 times in the 2 games. Giles has shot 22 times, Jackson has shot 29 times, and Tatum has shot 31 times. You can easily see who the focus of this team is. Biggie is basically the 6th or 7th man right now. That's fine, this team is loaded. Most of these kids are likely NBA players, and some of them may be very successful NBA players

For those not familiar: Tatum, Giles, and Jackson are top 1, 2, and 3 respectively in 2016 for ESPN. Swanigan was supposed to be in that class but moved up to graduate HS early.

For those not familiar: Tatum, Giles, and Jackson are top 1, 2, and 3 respectively in 2016 for ESPN. Swanigan was supposed to be in that class but moved up to graduate HS early.

I wonder what impact Biggie could have On recruiting in forming relationships with other top Tier players.

The other thing that comes to mind is those guys won't be in college till 2016 and Vince Edwards will be entering his Junior Year. Yet he was competing with them for a roster spot.

I wonder what impact Biggie could have On recruiting in forming relationships with other top Tier players.

The other thing that comes to mind is those guys won't be in college till 2016 and Vince Edwards will be entering his Junior Year. Yet he was competing with them for a roster spot.

Vince is entering is Sophomore season, but I can see how he can be confused as an upperclassmen. His game is deceivingly mature.

Vince is almost exactly two years older than Harry Giles in 2016 and turned 19 in April. Giles, Jackson, and Tatum are anomalies, and three lucky schools will have them for no more than a year. They shouldn't be benchmarks for any player's development.

Vince is entering is Sophomore season, but I can see how he can be confused as an upperclassmen. His game is deceivingly mature.

Vince is almost exactly two years older than Harry Giles in 2016 and turned 19 in April. Giles, Jackson, and Tatum are anomalies, and three lucky schools will have them for no more than a year. They shouldn't be benchmarks for any player's development.

My comparison was the fact that 3 senior-to-be high school players are at a higher level than a to be sophmore. Meaning they will be college freshmen when VE is a junior. Now that is some serious talent.

My comparison was the fact that 3 senior-to-be high school players are at a higher level than a to be sophmore. Meaning they will be college freshmen when VE is a junior. Now that is some serious talent.

Gotcha. Those guys are program-changers, like this year's Ben Simmons to LSU. Then again, even Shaq couldn't turn them into a blueblood program with 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT