ADVERTISEMENT

“I think we can win a Natty in the future”

Boiler Addict

True Freshman
Feb 19, 2020
Jaden’s confidence is nice to hear after a tough loss. I also think he’s the bonafide leader on this team.

The quote is about 21:55 in.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
We have the front court, Williams, Edey, Gillis, Furst, and Kaufman.

We have shooting guards, Ivey, Newman, Sasha

We need a floor general though. Transfer portal?
Morton is an unknown right now.
Hunter is a SG, not PG
IT is a negative physical matchup against any physical PGs, and especially against any with any height.

Reactions: DAG10
We have the front court, Williams, Edey, Gillis, Furst, and Kaufman.

We have shooting guards, Ivey, Newman, Sasha

We need a floor general though. Transfer portal?
Morton is an unknown right now.
Hunter is a SG, not PG
IT is a negative physical matchup against any physical PGs, and especially against any with any height.
Honestly, I don't want to see Sasha on the floor next year. At least not significant minutes. He disappeared multiple times when the team needed his leadership the most. Same with Hunter. I think Morton will be fine and will give us as much as Hunter has as the facilitator of the offense. Move on from the junior guards and build a real team.

Honestly, I don't want to see Sasha on the floor next year. At least not significant minutes. He disappeared multiple times when the team needed his leadership the most. Same with Hunter. I think Morton will be fine and will give us as much as Hunter has as the facilitator of the offense. Move on from the junior guards and build a real team.

Agreed on the guards. Ivey, Newman and Morton are the starters. Live with mistakes and work through them. SS is a bench guy. He will give you something great one game and no shows others.

I think you need guards to be 6’4 and up with our defensive style. We switch so much that IT gets a big guy on him pretty easily and all of sudden can’t match up.

Jaden is still unaware of how good he really can be. He is nowhere close to his ceiling, and he doesn't even realize it yet.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Hunter will start ...At least early on.
Agree. Morton was terrible this year so I’m not sure why everyone is proclaiming he’ll somehow be the starter next year. I still think hunter is a serviceable starter, Sasha is the one who needs to see the bench.

Reactions: Purdue2018
Agree. Morton was terrible this year so I’m not sure why everyone is proclaiming he’ll somehow be the starter next year. I still think hunter is a serviceable starter, Sasha is the one who needs to see the bench.
Yah I love how at home coaches proclaim a guy who has yet to play real minutes in D1 a savior at a position. But the track of the discussion is right, the point is an issue.

Agreed on the guards. Ivey, Newman and Morton are the starters. Live with mistakes and work through them. SS is a bench guy. He will give you something great one game and no shows others.

I think you need guards to be 6’4 and up with our defensive style. We switch so much that IT gets a big guy on him pretty easily and all of sudden can’t match up.
Why would Morton start? He couldn’t even get in the court as a backup this year.

#1 Morton, #2 Ivey, #3 Kaufman-Renn, #4 Gillis or Furst, #5 Williams is the best starting lineup for next season.
I’m a big Morton fan because I followed him through his recruiting (by this staff snd GBI)

He is an excellent ball handler, he does have speed, he has vision, he is an excellent passer/distributor, he’s very smart, he can shoot, and serviceable on defense.

Mono is a very difficult illness. you can feel like your ‘back’. If you ever had it you understand that it can come back out of remission because the virus never leaves the body. The Epstein-bar virus is in you forever.

CMP Might have been very smart not to use him too often and perhaps in practices he did not overwork him as well by not having him in the first two units. If the virus comes back it typically comes back as “chronic fatigue syndrome” and your spleen can have other issues along with it.

Not unless he learns to share the ball and find his open teammates.
He's not a natural point guard. He's going to be a GREAT 2-guard, and I could easily see next year be his last in college if he improves as much as I think he will in the off-season.

I agree though. He sometimes plays "hero ball" a little too much. I would assume that's because he was always the best player on any team he played on and could always get his shot off at any level.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Iu fan here and you guys are set up to be able to make some noise the next 2 years. I think when Kauffman and Furst are sophomores you guys will be a damn good team not saying you won’t be next year but when they are sophomores you guys could be scary good but the big if to me is will Ivey still be there for you guys cause he is damn good and could/should have a monster season next year and if he ends up a lottery pick I don’t think anyone can get upset with a kid leaving early for millions. You guys where better this year than I thought you would be being so young but having a good coaching will do that. I know cause I have watched iu have horrible coaching for the last 20 years and hoping we finally get the right coach cause it’s better for college hoops when our rivalry is an actual rivalry I loved watching the knight keady years. Not trying to troll just what I think you guys are capable of in the next few years

Reactions: JeffBoiler
I won't count sasha as ashooting guard until he demonstrates that he's no longer suffering from Covid. as you know, he just hasn't looked like the same player since his return. It has looked like he was playing sick.i thoughthe looked pale and sickly last night when he was just standing still. and when he moved, he certainly wasn't close to his pre-covid potential. I've wondered whyhe was starting and playing so much given that he lookedsick? Surely the coachescould see that in practices before the games--no? Let's hope he doesn't have long-Covid. It's a strange virus and has weird long-term effects.
Iu fan here and you guys are set up to be able to make some noise the next 2 years. I think when Kauffman and Furst are sophomores you guys will be a damn good team not saying you won’t be next year but when they are sophomores you guys could be scary good but the big if to me is will Ivey still be there for you guys cause he is damn good and could/should have a monster season next year and if he ends up a lottery pick I don’t think anyone can get upset with a kid leaving early for millions. You guys where better this year than I thought you would be being so young but having a good coaching will do that. I know cause I have watched iu have horrible coaching for the last 20 years and hoping we finally get the right coach cause it’s better for college hoops when our rivalry is an actual rivalry I loved watching the knight keady years. Not trying to troll just what I think you guys are capable of in the next few years
I arrived at Purdue in the mid-1980s and there was nothing like the pre-game atmosphere ofa PurdueIU -game when K/ight and Keady were at the helm. Loved it. It would be nice to get some of that feeling back.

Jaden’s confidence is nice to hear after a tough loss. I also think he’s the bonafide leader on this team.

The quote is about 21:55 in.

I have never had the sense that confidence is an issue for/with Jaden...that said, I don't know if anybody has been more confident as a player than Carsen Edwards. There is something to be said for that confidence and it being special...I get the sense that they also share a similar work ethic and desire for high level success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT